Semi-fitted through the bust and a loose fit around the waist and hips, the Joan shirt is designed to look neat and feel great.
This pattern is designed for a non-stretch woven fabric.
- Collarless v-neck with facing
- Forward shoulder seam
- Fitted through the bust
- Back pleat for a looser fit at the waist and hip
- Optional sleeve tabs
- Slightly curved hem for wearing the shirt tucked or untucked
- Pocket options
See the size- and finished measurements chart in the product pictures.
Joan shirt is a perfect project for the intermediate sewist that has sewn a couple of garments previously.
It also aims to be a good challenge for the confident beginner that wants to up their skills to the next level.
Light to medium weight woven fabric, made of cupro, bamboo, cotton, viscose or rayon, or any blend of those fibers. Chambray, crêpe, silk, twill or equivalent will all work for sewing the Joan shirt. Select a fabric that you want to work with, and you’ll love to wear.
Browse the image gallery and get inspired by the beautiful shirts sewn by a selection of Morphí’s pattern testers 💜
The dress form samples in the image gallery are sewn in;
- Black shirt – 58% cupro, 42% viscose/rayon
- Red shirt – 100% viscose/rayon
Pattern file formats:
The direct access downloadable file includes 5 different versions of the pattern for your convenience, plus sewing instructions.
- Print at home nested pattern (28 pages). Regular pages with borders you cut off and guides to line up the pattern pieces.
- Print at home trimless nested pattern (28 pages). Overlapping pages that save you time cutting off borders, with an A4 or US letter-sized grid.
- A0 copyshop (2 pages) standard format to print at a copyshop.
- US copyshop (2 36*48 in pages) format to print at a copyshop.
- Projector file with thick lines in a separate color per size, and, a black background you can turn on or off as you prefer.